Our services are provided as an enterprise to benefit our community, and as such we hope they are used, and received, with the best of intentions. Our Terms and Conditions provide guidelines for how we expect users to use the service, and important informaiton about the information published.
1.1 The West Kilbride Directory is an initiative of The Useful Arts Ltd. to provide an an on-line service which provides information about business, organisations and services availabe to the community of West Kilbride. This information may be made available via it's website, email or software applications, and may be syndicated to other platforms.
1.2 The West Kilbride Directory means any service or content made available to you via this website, email or softwarte applications.
2.1 How you may use The West Kilbride Directory
2.2 How you may NOT use The West Kilbride Directory
2.2.1 General restrictions on how you may use The West Kilbride Directory
- (a) You may not infringe or try to infringe the privacy or other rights of other West Kilbride Directory users. This includes you storing or trying to store personal data or usage details of other West Kilbride Directory users.
- (b) You may not infringe any applicable law (for instance copyright law) when using The West Kilbride Directory.
- (c) You may not subject The West Kilbride Directory to any derogatory treatment or use them in such a way that would bring the The West Kilbride Directory into disrepute, or cause The West Kilbride Directory to incur liability to any third party.
- (e) You may not directly or indirectly charge others for accessing, viewing or listening to any West Kilbride Directory, or commercialise or attempt to re-sell The West Kilbride Directory Content in any way, which includes advertising or selling any goods and services which offer The West Kilbride Directory content including any third party software applications.
- (f) You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by the The West Kilbride Directory of a product or service (for instance, a personal website) or any non-West Kilbride Directory entity, product or content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service.
- (g) You may not disrupt or try to disrupt The West Kilbride Directory. You agree not to use The West Kilbride Directory to distribute software viruses or other harmful programs, or use The West Kilbride Directory to engage in harmful, harassing or otherwise objectionable activity, including activity inhibiting access to The West Kilbride Directory by others.
- (h) You may not harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any other person using The West Kilbride Directory or transmit obscene or offensive content or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within The West Kilbride Directory, in particular, on West Kilbride Directory message boards and blogs.
- (i) Additional Terms for particular West Kilbride Directory Service may allow you to display The West Kilbride Directory content on your website, blog or other product or service, but you may not display The West Kilbride Directory Content where it is on or in connection with Excluded Products or Services, namely products or services which: contain pornography and sexually explicit content;
- contain offensive text or images;
- incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or otherwise, or promote, encourage or facilitate anti-social behaviour;
- contain gratuitous violence or promote, encourage or facilitate violence;
- promote, encourage or facilitate terrorism or other activities that risk national security;
- discriminate against any specific social group or otherwise exploit vulnerable sections of society;
- promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity;
- are misleading, defamatory, or that contain illegal, or otherwise actionable content under UK law;
- infringe individual privacy;
- put the welfare of children at risk;
- promote the tobacco industry or the armaments industry (including gun clubs);
- where presence of a West Kilbride Directory application might be perceived as damaging The West Kilbride Directory's reputation for accuracy and impartiality; and
- bring the The West Kilbride Directory into disrepute.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be amended by The West Kilbride Directory from time to time (collectively referred to as "Excluded Products or Services").
3.1 If you submit your contribution to the The West Kilbride Directory you must allow the The West Kilbride Directory to use the material in your contribution in any way it may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world. Any contributions you make may be moderated by the The West Kilbride Directory which means they may be reviewed, edited and/or removed. The West Kilbride Direcrory reserves the right to remove any of your contributions if The West Kilbride Directory believes that they do not comply with the Terms.
3.2 You grant The West Kilbride Directory the right to change or edit the materials in your contribution for operational and editorial reasons. The The West Kilbride Directory may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
3.3 Any copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way including allowing others to use it.
3.4 You confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe anyone else's rights (including privacy rights) and that it complies with the Terms. You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
3.5 The West Kilbride Directory may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
3.6 Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating any content you may share with the The West Kilbride Directory.
3.7 As part of your contribution, The West Kilbride Directory may ask you to provide some personal information. Disclosure of this information shall be subject to terms set out in The West Kilbride Directory's Privacy and Cookies Policy. The West Kilbride Directory will keep your personal information secure and will only use it for the purposes specified in the Privacy and Cookies Policy. All personal information held by the The West Kilbride Directory will be held in accordance with the terms of applicable data protection laws.
3.8 If you do not want to grant the The West Kilbride Directory permission to use your contributions in accordance with the Terms, please do not share with or submit them to westkilbride.org.
4.1 Compliance with the Terms
You must comply with the Terms.
4.2 Expenses, equipment and software
You are solely responsible for paying all expenses you may incur when you access or use The West Kilbride Directory or access or download West Kilbride Directory Content including your internet or data service provider charges and any excess charges to that provider if you have a limit on the amount of data you can download together with all costs of the equipment and software you need to connect to and use The West Kilbride Directory. Accessing and using some West Kilbride Directory features to access, download, view or listen to West Kilbride Directory Content (especially video or audio) may lead to substantial bandwidth usage by you which can be expensive so you should be careful you do not exceed any 'bandwidth cap' on your account with your internet or data service provider. The West Kilbride Directory is not responsible if your equipment or software is not compatible with The West Kilbride Directory. West Kilbride Directory content may be streamed or downloaded to your device from servers owned and operated by The West Kilbride Directory or (on behalf of The West Kilbride Directory) by third-party content distribution networks to enhance your experience when you watch or listen to The West Kilbride Directory content.
4.3 Managing your account details and activity
You are solely responsible for keeping your West Kilbride Directory account username and password (if you have them) confidential and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your West Kilbride Directory account.